Botox & Fillers Offered at Sobel Skin
Dr. Howard Sobel is a top cosmetic dermatologist well-known for his expertise and experience in Botox and fillers. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Sobel has performed thousands of injectable treatments to help patients achieve their desired goals to look and feel younger, without the hassle of surgery. Provided below you will find a full list of the injectables offered at Sobel Skin in Manhattan. If you’re ready to take the next step, call 212.288.0060 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sobel, the best doctor for Botox and fillers in New York City.
Botox® is a simple and safe procedure performed by Dr. Sobel that takes only a few minutes and requires no recovery time. Used safely in medicine around NYC for decades, Botox® injections have revolutionized cosmetic dermatology by effectively reversing the visible signs of aging by injecting minute amounts of botulinum toxin into selective groups of muscles.
Dysport is an FDA-approved injection treatment that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by relaxing facial muscles on the forehead. This differs from cosmetic dermal fillers, which are used to help add volume to volume-deficient areas of the face, such as the lips, cheeks, or under the eyes.
Botox is the rock star of the aesthetic world. Celebrities and millions of others around the globe are Botox believers. But some people have a reaction to the extra proteins found in Botox. For those patients, Dr. Sobel offers Xeomin.
Jeuveau (prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs) is an injection treatment that inhibits the release of acetylcholine, the cause of contracted frown lines. Jeuveau is a neuromuscular blocking agent that diminishes appearances of mild to severe frown lines.
Over time, permanent furrows and deep wrinkles develop in the skin as a result of aging, overuse and constant muscle contractions. These lines can make you look older, sad, angry or tired, most often developing around the eyes and mouth. Fortunately, dermal fillers such as Juvederm® Injectable Gel can erase these signs of aging to restore a younger, more refreshed appearance.
The world’s most popular and most studied cosmetic dermal fillers, Restylane and its new companion Restylane Lyft, Defyne, Refyne and now Kysse offer exceptional treatments for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, especially the smile lines/nasolabial folds that stretch from the nose to the corners of the mouth.
Radiesse® is a synthetic injectable filler that has been FDA-approved to reduce moderate to severe wrinkles, folds and creases around the nose and mouth by augmenting the skin’s natural collagen supply.
Before & After Radiesse
Belotero® Balance® dermal filler can help restore a more youthful, well-rested appearance to the face. It is particularly effective in treating certain areas of the face.
What are the common areas targeted with cosmetic injectables & fillers?
Most parts of the face and neck can be treated with some type of injectable. Common treatment areas for neurotoxin wrinkle reducers like Botox, Dysport, Xeomin and Jeuveau include:
- Glabellar lines. These creases are referred to as the Elevens and also as frown lines. Glabellar lines are the vertical wrinkles that develop between the eyes. They occur because we inevitably frown and squint throughout our lives and, over time, creases deepen.
- Forehead lines. We often develop horizontal forehead creases because we raise the eyebrows. These wrinkles often occur or worsen exponentially with age because, when the muscles at the brow line become heavy and contracted, we use other muscles to raise the eyebrows to a more comfortable position. Neuromodulators not only reduce forehead lines but can also lift the eyebrows, reducing the pull on the skin.
- Neck bands. Many older adults start to notice horizontal lines across the neck area. These lines can form as a result of sun damage but are also related to the loss of elasticity that occurs over time. Neuromodulators reduce the tightness of neck muscles, thus releasing the skin to lie smoothly.
Common treatment areas for dermal fillers include:
- Tear troughs. The tear trough is the area where the lower eyelid meets the cheek. Aging can cause a loss of volume here, resulting in dark circles. Conversely, some people develop under eye bags when the skin and connective tissue under the eyes becomes lax and loose. Dermal fillers injected into the tear troughs can disguise each of these problems instantly.
- Cheeks. A youthful face is shaped like a Y and exhibits relatively obvious curves at the upper, outer cheeks. Age has a way of flattening these curves. It happens because fat pads descend downward when the skin loses firmness. Structural dermal fillers injected into the upper regions of the cheeks can restore beautiful contours.
- Lips. Lip augmentation has been incredibly popular in recent years, even as trends have changed to a more conservative shaping process. Dermal fillers, when expertly administered, can smooth vertical lip lines, increase the fullness of the body of the upper and lower lip, and make the mouth look more defined.
What conditions are treated with the use of cosmetic injectables & fillers?
Injectable treatments are routinely performed to address cosmetic complaints such as:
- Thin lips
- Deflated lips
- Vertical lip lines
- Flat cheeks
- Under eye bags
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Crow’s feet
- Frown lines
- Descended eyebrows
- Worry lines
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Sunken cheeks or temples
What injectables are best for wrinkle reduction?
Wrinkles are not all created equal. Some are the result of collagen and volume loss, where other lines form over time and repeated facial movements. For this reason, there is no such thing as the “right injectable” for any one person. The best injectable product for your needs may be Botox. It may be Juvéderm. It may be a combination of various fillers and wrinkle reducers. When you visit Sobel Skin for injectable treatment, you can expect a thorough evaluation of your skin and discussion about your desired improvements. From there, we can develop a treatment recommendation that is ideal for you.
Injections for non-surgical lip augmentation
In recent years, filler manufacturers have developed formulas specifically for the lips. These are made using finite particles of hyaluronic acid and a soft, flexible gel base that adds volume, fills lines, and improves definition without diminishing the softness one would expect for the lips. Common products cursed for lip augmentation include Juvéderm Volbella and Restylane Kysse.
What treatments are best for jawline fillers?
There are a few different dermal fillers that can be used to improve the contours of the jawline. Juvéderm Voluma and Restylane Lyft are two of the most commonly used products. Each is manufactured with more structural consistency that, when added to the pre-jowl sulcus, can restore a more well-defined jawline. The best way to determine which filler would be most effective in your situation is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Sobel. During your initial visit, we will assess your needs, discuss your goals, and take a look at your skin to help you determine which approach best suits your preferences.
Cosmetic injectables for non-surgical cheek augmentation
Yes. Like the chin and jawline, the cheek area is one in which we usually turn to more structural fillers like Juvéderm Voluma, Restylane Lyft and Contour. The density of these fillers is better suited to areas of the face that require more contouring. Dr. Sobel administers cheek fillers into areas such as the upper, outer mid-face to give the illusion of height and angles. The results of more viscous fillers like Voluma and Lyft can last up to two years.
Schedule a Botox and Fillers Consultation with Dr. Sobel
If you are interested in botox or filler injections, call 212.288.0060 or fill out a form on this page to book an initial treatment consultation with board-certified dermatologic surgeon Dr. Sobel.