In recent years, more people have begun seeking non-surgical treatments that offer noticeable results without the risks and downtime associated with surgery. This is advantageous in more ways than one. While there is a place for plastic surgery procedures to correct more significant signs of aging, it is necessary to also address issues such as volume loss if we want to achieve longer-lasting, more natural-looking results. One of the ways we help patients do this is with the Vivace Microneedling System.
What is Vivace and How Does it Work?
Vivace is an FDA-cleared cosmetic device that utilizes microneedling, radiofrequency, and LED light to achieve clinically-proven objectives including collagen proliferation and skin cell regeneration. The combination of these two technologies amplifies results such as:
- Diminished lines and wrinkles
- Improved skin tone and texture
- Reduced pore size
- Firmer, tighter skin
- Reduced blemishes, stretch marks, and scars
Each aspect of the Vivace system has a particular effect on the skin.
- Microneedling is the process of creating tiny, controlled punctures in the skin to activate collagen-producing cells. The Vivace device applicator features multiple, ultra-fine, gold-tipped needles. The needles are so small that the deep channels they create are invisible. These channels close within 4 to 6 hours, during which the body is stimulated to make more collagen to heal these perceived wounds.
- Radiofrequency is delivered through the microneedles on the Vivace applicator. This magnifies the effects in the dermis by creating a thermal response using low-energy technology. The transfer of radiofrequency to thermal energy in the dermis heats collagen and elastin, causing contraction. The heat also increases stimulation to collagen-producing cells and, lastly, encourages cell turnover.
- Blue and red LED light deliver powerful energy into the epidermis and dermis to assist with cellular renewal, destroy acne-causing bacteria, and improve the tone and texture of the skin.
Some of the benefits that make Vivace a popular treatment include:
- Results are seen quickly.
- Fewer treatment sessions than standard microneedling (only three).
- Virtually painless treatment achieved with topical numbing cream.
- No downtime needed to recover.
- Safe for most skin types.
- Excellent skin tightening.
- Appropriate for the face, neck, décolletage, and hands
Sobel Skin is located on Park Avenue in New York City. We are proud to serve patients with personal care and a variety of services. To schedule your visit, call 212.288.0060.